Script installation is a procedure to upload and install Titan on your server.
Installation procedure consists of two main parts:
- Part 1 - Preparing installation files to upload on server
- Part 2 - Script installation on server
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1 - Download Titan script.
- Step 2 - Unzip script on your computer.
- Step 3 - Download forum files from ... .
- Step 4 - Unzip forum files on your computer.
- Step 5 - Copy all forum files, next paste into script directory and replace all files.
- Step 6 - Create new zip file from connected files. It is important to create new zip file from all files not from folder in which are files.
- Step 7 - Upload created package on your server.
- Step 8 - Unzip package
Now, if you have finished preparing installation files and you are sure, that every file on server is uploaded correctly, you can start installation.
Go to your website with note "/install". For example: domain.com/install.
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1 - Requirements & files - Checking files on the server and server requirements. If some file was uploaded wrong, you will see which one and you should uplod missing file.
- Step 2 - Machine Key - Go to Machine Key Generator and generate ASP.NET 2.0 Machine Key. Open Web.config file, which is located on your hosting account. Find <!--MACHINE KEY--> and replace it with generated Machine Key. Save file when you change Machne Key.
- Step 3 - Permissions - Checking permissions to connect to files on the server. If some permissions is blocked you have to change permissions. We need "Full Control" (read, write, modify = 777) permissions for the application to the following folders/files/subfolders, in which are all installation files.
- Step 4 - Databases - Go to your hosting control panel and create two Microsoft SQL (MSSQL) databases. First for the website, and second for the forum. Create also database user account and give him permissions to management both databases. If you don't have installed MSSQL on your server, you should install it or contact with hosting support in order to buy such a service. When you finish creating databases and user account, fill detials and click next step.
- Step 5 - Email - Go to your hosting control panel and create email account. To finish this step we need connect to this account. Please make sure all required fields are filled out correctly.
- Step 6 - CRON - You need to run a particular URL every 24h at 23:30 server time. It's necessary for Titan to work. This file handles all daily jobs. Titan won't work properly without this file trigerred. URL to run every 24h you will see during the installation. Go to your hosting control panel and create Scheduled Task. Run your Scheduled Task after created. After it's successfully trigerred, go to the next step.
- Step 7 - Password - You access your Titan Admin Panel (located on Titan Admin Panel) using your UseTitan login details. However you also need 'admin' account on your website. It can be used e.g. for forum administration or other activities on your website.
- Step 8 - Add the license - To finish installation you need add your domain to your license plan in UseTitan system. Go to Your UseTitan DashBoard and click "Add new domain". Please copy "Domain name", "Website Connection String", "Forum Connection String" and paste them into UseTitan system. "Connection string" is a information about connection to your database. Inside connection string are data, which you entered in step 4.
Exemplary connection string:
Data Source=DATABASE SERVER ADDRESS; Initial Catalog=DATABASE NAME; Integrated Security=false; User ID=DATABASE USER; Password=USER PASSWORD;
- Step 9 - Finished! - If you finish all previous steps and you are sure that every step was ended correctly, go to main directory with installation files and remove installation package and directory "install".
You can now log into your Admin Panel and into your website as admin.