VPS - Virtual Private Server is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting company.
To install Titan on your VPS you need install few additional programs. Log into your VPS server using RDC and download following programs:
- IIS - Download directly from Server Manager on the VPS
- MS SQL - Download - SQL Server 2016 SP1 Express edition
- SSMS - Download - SQL Server Management Studio (17.9.1)
- MailEnable - Download - Standard Edition (FREE)
Next install them in the same order.
Internet Information Services is an extensible web server created by Microsoft for use with the Windows NT family.
To install IIS please follow steps below:
- Open Server Manager on the VPS using RDC.
- Add roles and features and clicking next until you get to "Server Roles".
- Find and check "Web Server(IIS)" and make sure that the following options are checked which you can see on the rigth side.
- Finish installation with creator.
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft.
To install MS SQL please download MS SQL directly on your VPS and start install with creator using default options.
SQL Server Management Studio is a software application which is used for configuring, managing, and administering all components within Microsoft SQL Server.
To install SSMS please download SSMS directly on your VPS and start install with creator using default options.
MailEnable is a Windows-based, commercial mail server distributed by MailEnable Pty.
To install MailEnable please download MailEnable directly on your VPS and start install with creator following steps below:
- Click next before you get "Get Postoffice Details".
- Finish installation with creator.
When you will finish all installations, VPS server have to be restarted before you start configuring installed programs.
- Open Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools --> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Expand first position in tree on the left side and in the sites section add new website
- Site name should be your domain and physical path should be C:\inetpub\yourdomain.com where should be all installation files
- Open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft SQL Server 2016\Configuration Tools --> SQL Server 2016 Configuration Manager.
- Go to SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for SQLEXPRESS -> TCP/IP.
- In the "IP Addresses" tab make active and enable "IP2" and set "IP address" to your VPS server ip. Next make sure that "TCP Port" is set for 1433.
- Go to SQL Server Services -> SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) and using right click stop and start sql server.
- Open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools --> Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Click Inbound Rules.
- Add new rule.
- Set port type for rule and click next
- Check TCP and set specific local port for 1433.
- Click next until you get to Name section. Set Name, Description and create rule.
- Open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft SQL Server 2016 --> Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to your MS SQL using Windows Authentication.
- Click right button on the first position in tree on the left and choose "Properties".
- Co go "Security" and check "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode".
- Create two database for the website and for the forum using right click on the "Databases" on the tree.
- Go to "Security" and using right click on the "Logins" create new login.
- Set name.
- Check the "SQL Server authentication" and set password.
- Uncheck "Enforce password policy"
- Go to "Server roles" and check all available options.
- Go to "User Mapping" and check forum and site database.
- Click on forum database and check all available options from ,,Database role membership for:"
- Click on site database and check all available options from ,,Database role membership for:"
- Go to ,,Securables" and click Search... check "The server..." And check all available options in Grant column.
- Try login to SSMS using SQL Server authentication with user which you created. If you login correctly you can continue configuration. If not it means that some with previous steps have been configured incorrectly.
- Open MailEnable
- Go to Servers - > localhost -> Services and Connectors -> Right click on SMTP and Properties
- In "General" tab "Local domain name" and "Default mail domain name" should be the same with domain which you set during installation.
- Go to "Relay" tab and uncheck "Allow relay for privileged IP ranges"
- Next click on "Authentication Method...", check "Authenticate against the following username/password" and set "Username" on contact@YourDomain.com and "Password.
- Close properties, stop and start SMTP server.
- Open Post Offices --> Mailboxes and add New Mailbox
- set mailbox name to contact
- set password
- change mailbox type to ADMIN
- Go to IIS, type MailEnable WebMail on left panel and go to Bindings. Add new binding, set Host name to mail.YourDomain.com
- Your domain must have CNAME DNS record with value= mail pointed to your domain IP address
Now you are able to login your mailbox via mail.YourDomain.com.